New release v5.3 - Micropython support, New object types, new features
What has happened since v5.2?
- Espressif officially supports LittlevGL as a GUI library for ESP32. Read more in this post.
- Zephyr](https://www.zephyrproject.org/), a popular RTOS for IoT, has integrated LittlevGL. Here is getting started example.
Community and Website updates
- Blog LittlevGL’s Blog has been launched. It’s for you to share your projects, tutorials, tips, and tricks. Read here how to add your post.
- Forum Our Forum is opened. Please use it for “how-to” questions and open GitHub issues for development related topics.
- Documentation The documentation is moved to a public repository where you can send pull requests to improve it. The documentation is available Online and Offline.
- LittlevGL is getting more popular. According to the GitHub statistics LittlevGL is cloned in every 10 minutes. (Not counting direct downloaded from littlevgl.com)
- LittlevGL was a Top trending repository of GitHub. It means it was among the top 25 most popular repositories even if compared with all languages not only C.
Thanks to @amirgon, from now you can use LittlevGL with Micropython (a Python implementation for embedded systems). Read more in this post. You can try it on Linux and or with ESP32 using this ready to use repository.
- lv_tileview container for smartwatch like designs
- lv_spinbox set numeric value with
-buttons or keys
- lv_table create lightweight tables
- lv_canvas draw to a buffer and display it as an image
New object features
- lv_obj add realign feature (save the last
lv_obj_aligndata and re-apply)
- lv_obj add
lv_obj_align_origoto align the center of the object (work with realign)
LV_CHART_TYPE_VERTICAL_LINEwhen the point count is equal to the chart width to draw only vertical lines
- lv_chart lv_chart: add
LV_CHART_POINT_DEFspecial value to not draw a point
- lv_sw animated move (
- lv_btnm add
- lv_btnm add recolor feature with
- lv_ta support
- lv_ddlist add down arrow symbol option with
- lv_ddlist add ability to set label alignment
- lv_list remeber the last seleceted button (only if the list is in a group)
- lv_list allow single button selection mode
- lv_list, lv_ta, lv_page scroll propagation feature to scroll the parent on “overscrolling”
- lv_list, lv_ta, lv_page edge flash effect to show circle on the edge on “overscrolling”
- lv_preload add
- lv_imgbtn add tiled option to set width dynamically by repeating the middle part
- lv_calendar add
- lv_tabview add
lv_tabview_set_hiddento hidet tab buttons
New other features
- lv_lang multi-langue interface to change UI’s language run-time
- lv_group add
- lv_anim add overshoot and bounce path
- lv_anim add
- lv_anim lv_anim: add lv_anim_count_running
- lv_indev add
lv_indev_set_feebackto add callback when something happened with an object
- lv_vdb add true double bufferig feature to work woth only frame buffer address swapping
- lv_style add
LV_BORDER_INTERNALto remove the borders on teh edges
- lv_porting add display, indev, file siystem porting skeleton functionú
Plans for v6.0
- Multi-display support
- Run time screen configuration (instead of hard coded defines)
- Generic action handling (
lv_objwill have an action)
- Better GPU handling
- Image rotation
- Better internationalization support (i18n)
You can track the progress in this issue